33 Action Steps to Move Your Story Forward *this week*
Take a workout class. Go for a run. Ride a bike. Just sweat (and try to do it everyday)
2) Start a book
Crack a book and just start reading. Start the habit by reading just a little bit, even 5 minutes, daily
There’s so many good podcasts out there that make it so easy to learn, get inspired and entertain
4) Send a letter / postcard / card
The old school way : snail mail. Grab a cute card or some printer paper and write to someone.. yes, with a pen or pencil
5) Call a friend you haven’t talked to in awhile
Life gets busy and it can be pretty hard to stay in touch with people so pick up the phone and call your homie!
6) Write down your biggest and scariest goals
The most hugest, scariest, almost impossible goals.. what’s to lose?
7) Start journaling / blogging
Start with sharing thoughts, recap-ing your day or thinking forward. It will help you think more clearly and you’ll thank yourself in 10 years
8) Start planning
Grab a planner (our favorite is Passion Planner!) and start planning so you can start executing on the vision
Apps like Headspace make it reallllllly easy to start
10) Go out alone
Go sit at a bar by yourself, say “Hi” to a stranger to see what happens
11) Watch some TED talks
If you know, you know. If you don’t, check itttttt
12) Try something you’ve never done
Sing. Dance. Write. Photo. Exercise… just try something new!
13) Tell someone you love them
14) Make 3 people smile
Smiles are contagious
15) Try being vegetarian / vegan
16) Listen to the first album you loved
It’s kind of like time-traveling
17) Call your grandparents
You’ll be in their shoes one day and would love a call from your grandkids
18) Go “Live” on social media
Hit that “Live” button on Facebook or Instagram and see what happens
Give back your most important gift : time
20) Visit a retirement community
They’ve been through decades and can share some wisdom
21) Go out to eat alone but try to sit with a stranger
“Hey I saw you sitting alone. I’m also solo, can I join you?”
22) Go to a yoga class
Try it out!
23) Try a new class that is outside your comfort zone
Zumba, Kickboxing, Salsa, Crossfit
24) Talk to 1 new person each day
It’s easy : 1) Say “Hi” 2) Ask “What’s your story?”
25) Explore a part of your city you’ve never been
Get lost in your city
26) Start learning a second language
One day at a time and you’ll eventually be fluent! Try Duolingo
27) Take a One-Day Road Trip to a place outside your city
There’s probably some cool places real close!
28) Team Up with a “LIVE A GREAT STORY” Buddy in your city
Find an Ambassador in your city (we’re working on a more thorough location-based database of our community!)
29) Collaborate with someone that inspires you
Find someone in your city or do it online digitally
30) Create something – even if you don’t share it with the world
Bring an idea to life!
31) Share a poem
Leave an inspiring note for a stranger : our favorite is Car Window Poetry!
32) Sign up to mentor a child
Long before I knew this inner demon had a name, imposter syndrome has robbed me the joy of celebrating my wins and prevented me from pursuing the things dearest to my heart.
I guess the moral of my story is that I am fortunate, I am able, and I can make someone else’s life better. We all have that ability. This is why I love this movement.
We’re looking for just the right person who’s passionate about the power of social media, down to get their hands dirty in a digital start up and who’s interested in making an impact in the world!
I learned that staying in one place was not for me, but I still had two years left of college, so the wanderlust biting at my heels would have to be subdued for the moment.
SHARE YOUR STORY
Each of us has a story and we'd love to hear yours! If we think it's a good fit, we'll be in touch about featuring your inspiring story with our community
Remember to tag your photos #liveagreatstory so we can follow your adventures!