Cite Soleil is one of the most dangerous and most impoverished neighborhoods in Haiti, making it one of the riskiest places in the Western Hemisphere.
In an area of little hope, Sakala serves as Cite Soleil’s only youth community center, developing children and young adults through athletics, agronomy, and education, giving them an alternative choice to a life of violence.
After connecting with founder Daniel Tillias and touring the Sakala I was blown away at the impact they’re making in their neighborhood. Their mission of driving positive change through developing courageous children deeply touched me and I knew I had to play a small part in helping move their mission forward.
So LIVE A GREAT STORY is heading back to Sakala to deliver supplies, assist with projects and to capture the amazing inspiration flowing out this community center…
…and we need your help to make it happen
All donations make a huge impact in Haiti
LIVE A GREAT STORY is heading to Port-au-Prince, Haiti for a focused trip on Sakala, a children’s community center in the heart of one of the world’s most dangerous and underprivileged areas. We have two focuses for this trip.
1) take supplies to further the Sakala mission, contribute manpower, investigate future action, discuss overall assistance program for Haiti
2) capture footage about the Sakala story for a media campaign for continued efforts to support their cause.
The really cool part is that each donation makes 3X the impact!
Check it out : when you donate to this trip, your money goes to three areas
1) It goes towards supplies going into Haiti. We’re taking a bunch of things down there to use in sports, gardening and education
2) It goes towards supplies coming back from Haiti. ALL OF THE PERKS are made in Haiti, so each item directly contributes to the Haiti economy because they are produced by Haitians with a living wage. Haiti has terrible unemployment so each item gives jobs, support families and prevent one of the main problems in Haiti : orphans
3) A video that will capture the inspiration of Sakala and the amazing impact it’s making on hundreds of children’s lives despite being located in a major slum. (We’re possibly planning a few screenings back in the States…..)
Donations Provide Gardening, Sports and School Supplies
Outside the Lens (Non-Profit Partner)
We live in a time where there is an ever-increasing digital divide between those with access to tell their stories and those whose stories are left untold. By partnering with Outside the Lens to close this divide, we’ll be working on bringing you a window to another world. We hope to empower SAKALA to share their voice with the world through digital media. We will be exploring initial steps of setting up an OTL curriculum where Sakala children can have access to picture and video equipment and education to use them to share their stories.
10 FACTS ABOUT HAITI
HAITI COMMUNITERE “KONBIT BUS” WATER-FILTRATION VIDEO
Thank you so much for donating! You’re making a huge impact that will have long lasting ripples!
I’m a hard worker, persistent, determined and loyal. I love trying new things and being out in the world and going on adventures whenever I can. It makes me incredibly happy to meet new people from all over the world and seeing other cultures. I also love volunteering whenever I can.
It is the power of stories from those in need, living kidney donors, caregivers, and medical professionals that fuels Get Loud For Kidneys and our mission to raise awareness about kidney disease, kidney transplantation and living donation.
GREAT STORIES At Car Window Poetry, we believe words matter. We believe small acts of love can make a big difference in people’s lives. That’s why we empower people to write encouraging poems and anonymously share them on car windows in their communities. It’s also...
milo+nicki is a cruelty-free, ethically designed womenswear line that empowers the ever-evolving woman to conquer her fears, take a leap of faith, never give up on herself, and live a life of color.
SHARE YOUR STORY
Each of us has a story and we'd love to hear yours! If we think it's a good fit, we'll be in touch about featuring your inspiring story with our community